Wednesday 3 April 2019

THE SCOURGE OF HOMOPHONES

The fine art of properly using the English language is slipping away with time! Irregardless!?!?! AAAGGHHHH!!
It KILLS ME that some of these words, like "irregardless," that were non-words have been added to the dictionary as acceptable words just because people have used them incorrectly so much!
There
Their
They’re
Then
Than
Effect
Affect
Lose
Loose
I can't stand the lose and loose mixup
Whose
Who’s
Quite
Quiet
Further
Farther
Misuse of farther and further slays me. Often from educated people.
Peak
Peek
Pique
Your
You’re
It’s
Its
Accept
Except
Desert
Dessert
Compliment
Complement
to
too
two
Have
Of
I am so sick of seeing “I should of done this”

Omg! YES! The pet peeves of an English Lit major right here! I have to bite my tongue, and my fingers, from being a literary gestapo!
Learn, psychopaths...

No comments:

Post a Comment